Wednesday, January 6, 2010

DAZ 3D: creating characters (intro)



Character creation is on my mind today, and I have two images for you ... one above, one below. The one above is a young fisherman in the Greek islands -- a holiday memory.

For some reason, the small version of the Greek boy does NOT do the picture justice. Have a look at the detail:



...and then please do click on the main pic to see it at full size -- it's a heck of a lot nicer than it looks in the small version. Hmmmm. Makes you wonder why?!

The picture below is another character from the NARC series, Blue Raven 6, Gil Cronin -- creating characters for the NARC "universe" is what I'm doing right now, which is why character creation is on my mind. So...

Here's where it gets so interesting: both these characters hit the stage as the same model, gold old Michael 4. What happens next is absolutely up to you, and you can do virtually anything with this model Now, Gilly Cronin is the ultimate had-ass with the heart of pure gold, and the Greek boy is ... well, a Greek boy, and about twenty lightyears away from the leader of the Blue Ravens riot troops.

I wanted to upload these two today to give a small illustration of the sheer variety of stuff you can do with the Michael 4 model, in a very small amount of time. It took a lot less than an hour to create both characters and get them bordered and uploaded.

And it pains me to admit that I don't have time to talk about how to do it today! It's one of those days when you have a big headache (sinus headache), and a lot of work to do, so I'm going to have to leave it here and go grab some pills, take five, and then get right back to work.

But I will be back tomorrow, and I promise on my honor to tell how to do this! Join me then, and we'll have some fun.

Jade, 7 January