Thursday, February 18, 2010

Classic male nude meets Yaoi style ... in a 3D fantasy



The classic male nude meets the Yaoi styling, in its perfect medium: 3D art ... and then, with a little bit of digital magic, the Yaoi beauty vanishes out of the scene and...


The fantasy horse takes is place -- seen from the other side of the temple ruins! The versatility of this location is delicious...

I took my own advice, and created the set first. I wanted a woodland glade with a tumbledown temple that could have been there for a three thousand years. Into the glade wanders a glorious Yaoi-style young man, and you can do a whole photo shoot ... and then, when he's gone home and you're packing up your cameras, who should wander into the glade but a horse right out of fantasy!

Here's the magic: create the set first, and then merge in the figure, or figures. I got through all the above renders with ONE software crash, and if you know your DAZ Studio 3, that's amazing.

So now I'm starting to collect up a library of sets, along with my library of characters. This is so cool, and so much fun. [sounds of chortling] It's only taken six months for it to occur to me to make the set first. I must be getting slow...

Jade, 19 February

Related Posts with Thumbnails