Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Making magic again ... Yaoi style



Yaoi magic, as promised: the other half of the partnership you say yesterday -- making storm magic. And I am just about caught up with myself, work-wise. It's been simple renders for the last couple of days because (!) the complex ones take time. Ain't it just crummy, the way life, and work, stick their noses into your art time?

But I'm just about caught up and should be able to invest some Real Time in Real Renders, perhaps as early as tomorrow. But, all that being said ... these are lovely figures too. I'll see if I can coax the computer to get both of them into the same shot, before we leave the "Making Yaoi Magic" theme and head on to new subjects.

The base for these figures is still Michael 4. He's wearing the Lee Elite Texture skin map, with the face rather heavily redesigned by me; and Danyel's hair set to golden blond; and the loin cloth from the Wood God costume kit, set to burgundy. The background looks like a stormy sky, but in reality it was just a winter's twilight. It wasn't that stormy at all, but by tweaking the colors you can make it look there there's about to be thunder and lighting.

Jade, 3 March