Friday, May 14, 2021

Holiday snaps

 

Genesis 2

Genesis 8

Suffice to say, we're back from Vacation Week! A road trip to the Flinders Ranges, filled with incident, and some really good photos. In fact, I'm using one of them as the backdrop to the top picture today. You'll see a lot more of them in days and weeks to come, as I work through a great slough of ideas that have been backing up, demanding to be rendered and painted, as soon as we were home. So naturally, the first thing I did upon getting back was come down with flu. Oh, perfect.


I actually got back to art yesterday, but didn't feel vaguely like wrangling all the numbers involved in Studio (3D work is all about numbers), so I dove into Photoshop and Krita and painted, came up with something we'll call Enchanted Forest. In fact --

If you go into the woods tonight,
Don't go there by yourself!
If you go into the woods tonight
You'll probably meet an elf,
And pixies three,
And goblins galore,
And brownies, trolls, 'cause 
Here's the score:
Tonight's the night
The faerie folk have their picnic!

Ahem. Sorry about that. It just came to me, couldn't resist.

Tomorrow, the plan is to do what I'd wanted to do today, and couldn't get to because I'm too tired after the virus. I'll be installing a load of Xurge3D goodies, and we're going to get into some heavy-duty SF. I'd like very much to get Jarrat and Stone into Iray. I read the whole NARC series (Hellgate too), right through, not long ago, and it's just amazing, addictive. That universe is so real to me, and I have this urge to render it! Anyway, let's get some Xurge3D space armour installed and resurfaced for Iray, and we'll go from there.