Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Gladiator, and a tattooed pirate




click to see all images at large size...

Am still running every experiment I can think of with all the skin maps I possess, to see what I can get out of them, and it's surprising how far you can get if you set a lot of lights and take a loooong time rendering. However, I'm hanging on for the "bridge" between DAZ studio 4 and the Lux render engine. Not that I have any intention of mucking about with Studio 4, you understand! But it will open a Studio 3 file, as I discovered when I spent a whole two hours exploring the interface ... and it will bridge to the external render engine, as soon as the programmer/designer has finished writing the new plugin software. (There was a bridge between Studio 3 and Lux, but it needed a 64 bit system to run it. I got the new, powerful system about three months after Studio 4 came out, and whaddaya know ... Studio 3 vanished off the face of the Internet, and the bridge to Lux went with it! So ... patience.)

While I'm here -- update on More Than Human: the book is launching right now, with the epub and pdf versions available off our own pages (if you have a Nook or Android, it's the epub you want), and it'll be available on Kindle in about another 8 hours -- probably by the time you read this. But at that link right there, you can get the blurb and read the first two chapters, and get a feel for the book. Enjoy!

Must go now: dinner is being served, and Avatar is about to play. The director's cut. Don't want to miss this!

Jade, April 3