Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Baby dragons ... how cute is this?

 


The assignment began as the chore of breaking the Consulting Mage out of storage as a Character Preset, running the whole thing through the Iray Converter, and seeing how he'll render up in Iray ... and I guess I got side-tracked! Can't have the Consulting Mage without his pet, right? Right. So ... next, load up the Dragonling and convert that also for Iray. This was such fun, I wound up posing him as if he were a kitten, and the render was so delicious, I wanted to come back for more. So --


The experiment grew. I had an intuition that the Demon Wings would look better on him than the wings shipped with the Dragoning, so, having fitted them, well, then I had to paint a whole new shader for them, so they matched the rest of him. Diffuse and Displacement, translucency ... okay. And doesn't this just look grand! Then, just as I was closing down for the evening a little idea ran through my mind of having the Dragonling chasing butterflies in the sunshine, since he's like a scaly, smoke-breathing, flying version of a kitten (ye gods, what a thought), and the top picture happened! This was a lot of fun. I think I'll come back to these characters soon...



Staying on the fantasy theme, I went on to these ... and you know something momentous is going on here, but I'm not sure (yet) what it is! The Gypsy Wagon is enormous fun to play with...


...and I treated myself to a pack of "greens" to make it easier to get really good landscapes. I still need some great trees, but they can start to get very, very expensive. I have some wish listed, and am keeping an eye on them, because trees are the factor that can make or break a photorealistic scene. If they're "storybook" trees, you'll end up with art, not a photo, no matter how clever you are with the lights. I did some other renders of the wagon, too; but I think the figure I placed into the scene is out of scale, so I'll re-do that ... the lighting is too gorgeous to just ditch the project because of a problem that could be pretty easily fixed. Hmm. I might do this, this afternoon! And right now --

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/the-wizards-wagon/72818/

--Sveva's Wizard's Wagon is on sale at Renderosity. I think I'm about to give myself a treat! I just have to be a bit careful with spending, because it's soooo easy to spend way too much. This month, I already bought characters, poses, shaders, two greens prop sets, and a fantastic set of homewares for a fantasy house. An inspired designed has modelled Bilbo's hobbit house, and filled it with all his possessions. You buy it room by room, set by set. LOL, all you need is money! I bought one set of props, and the rest are wish listed. Oh, one day.  That's all for now ... there's a load more to post, but we'll get onto SF and so on tomorrow.