Saturday, July 17, 2021

A new CPU -- and we're back in business here!

 

It's been an eventful anxious and expensive couple of weeks since the last time I posted. My computer entered a "infinite boot loop," which is exactly what it sounds like. It's been in the workshop twice, and four hundred dollars later, its home with a new CPU and ... fixed. The new CPU makes it astonishingly fast, so I'm far from unhappy; the four hundred bucks is another matter!

Now I'm trying to catch up with myself, and not let all those images slip out of my memory -- I had about twenty ideas while the computer was in the shop; now, of course, I can't remember most of them! Well, they'll come back to me eventually -- I hope. So --

-- I'll just start over, and enjoy being able to do this again. Not being able to for a couple of weeks made me realize how much I enjoy this, and how much I actually need art as a creative outlet. Fantasy is very much on my mind at the moment, probably because of the book I'm reading, so --

-- here's a number of V4 and G8F characters and scenes, and tomorrow I have a raft of G8M scenes, and a couple of M4 characters to catch up with. For now, though --


-- numerous experiments are going on here ... water, dForce, shaders, sun-sky lighting ... all kinds of good stuff that goes to "make" images, though props and characters are the last things being experimented with. I'll post in a day or two, with a raft of new stuff. And yes, I
m loving the new CPU!