Sunday, May 7, 2023

Tarzan in Caprona ... or Fangorn Forest, if you prefer!

 


Have I mentioned that I love my Huion pen tablet? Well, let me mention it again. I looooove my Huion pen tablet! Now, this is the kind of work I've wanted to do got a long, long time, and here we are! The first thing I painted was the background, a few days ago --


Fangorn Forest, as painted mostly in Krita, and a little bit in Photoshop. I was looking at this and thinking, "That reminds me of the Mario Larnaga concept art for the original King Kong" (the one that's coming up to its 90th birthday), which in turn made me think of the art that was done for the Tarzan comics and films, waaaay back when, and this popped into my mind. Noice!



In fact, it's so pretty, I did several different crops:


...that's the full screen version of the art, which I would call "Tarzan's Dark Domain." And in turn, this version made me think how this could make a great wallpaper! So -- here you go, guys, help yourselves and enjoy: this one is 1600x900, which suits my own monitor, and if it doesn't suit yours, I'm sure you have some kind of imaging program that will change the size to something that does. Feel free.

Wallpaper version -- 1600x900 ... help yourself!

While we're in fantasy land ...


I won't lie: this is 75% Lexica, and 25% me (whereas the Tarzan is 100% me, wholly digitally painted, right down to the last blade of grass in the background. I'm still mucking about with AI, but I'll be candid: it's highly frustrating, on so many levels. If I get into that here, I'll be grumbling in an hour's time, and it has as much to do with sexual politics as with the vagaries of AI technology, or even the highly dubious copyright status of pictures generated by a machine. So --



Dangitall, let's just paint:


...and here we are, right back in a world of digital doodling. That's all from me for now. Time to go and organise some dinner.