Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012 Update: one of the images didn't upload! Here it is...


click to see at full size ... 1600 pixels wide; makes lovely wallpaper!

Shock, horror! I came back to look at my Halloween story from yesterday and realized -- one of the main images didn't upload. Didn't upload!

There were four major pieces, a raft of "detail" outtakes from them, plus a smaller from-scratch painting of the moonrise. So you can imagine the screech, this afternoon, when I came to look at the post and saw an empty space where the second of the four main paintings was supposed to be!

Better late than never, here is it.

Now, how did that happen?

This update post also gives me an opportunity to share another image or two with you...




;Edit: the Bookshelf site went down in something like 2015. It hasn't been there in a long, long time, so of course the following links were dead as dodos. I took them out -- sorry.]

...these pieces, and more, were done to illustrate a new web interview hub called Fireside With Lichen Craig. It's going to be a lot of fun watching Fireside develop, and I'm delighted to be a part of it, albeit a small part, via the art. (There's a really good interview with Mel Keegan, for a start...)

Next projects for me? I have a story going around my head that is starting to demand to be written ... and I've been asked to write a quick post about how to do pieces like this one, at left, which appeared with the Halloween story. It's actually very easy to do pieces like this -- it took about three minutes flat, but you'd never know it, to look at the result. 

And a project that's been  niggling in the back of my mind: a proper, full-on painting, from scratch. No 3D work visible in the final painting. I'd love to do this, but I'm mindful that these paintings take scores, or even hundreds of hours. Eep. Then, I need to work up a "writings" page on my main gallery site, where all the fiction can be archived ... and I also need to spend an afternoon on his blog, bringing it up to date -- new quick links, archives, so much to do.

[2013 Edit: my new Gallery will indeed have a page for fiction, but all of what will be there is already available on Jen Down Writes. Thanks for looking!]

Many thanks indeed to the folks who let me know they enjoyed the Amadeus and Rick Halloween story! I got a kick out of writing that one, too.

Jade, November 10