Saturday, March 18, 2023

An alien hunk, a cyborg, and ... sheer whimsy



It's been a fun day with the Huion pen tablet, as you can see! I'd have to call this "hybrid art" ... mostly it's painting, some is CG, some elements were generated by various engines, and in one instance (and I'll leave it to you to figure out which!) I took the shortcut of using PNG overlays, which I bought from Rendo a few years ago, for this exact purpose, so it's absolutely appropriate to use them: it's what they were bought for, and sold for. 

The Cyborg is the only piece out of the three that I won't claim to have had much of a hand in. It was generated by the whacked out weird Dreamlike.art, I just rebalanced it, touched it up, in Photoshop. I have no idea what it is; I just include it here because in waaaay too much playing around with Dreamlike in the vain attempt to generate a picture element I could actually use, this is the only thing so far that wasn't weird, deformed rubbish with a smashed-in face that looks like it's been hit by a shovel. Some of the faces Dreamlike puts onto figures are beyond horrific...  Not my scene.

The hunky green alien is 50% painting, 50% compositing. 60% me, 40% the machine. Think of it as a "rogue Vulcan" ... you ever wondered what they're like if they let their hair down? If they ever do...

This is possibly the last chance I'll have to post art for a week or so. Dave starts his vacation tomorrow, and although the Limestone Coast trip is history (mechanical problems ... the van is currently standing in a workshop, due for inspection, and we're not even sure we'll get it back. I think we will; hope we will. No guarantees, but ...) we'll still be getting out and about. I've waited half a year for this. Insert eyerollemoji. 

But all vacations come to an end (too soon), and like the man said in the movie -- I'll be back!