Friday, March 17, 2023

Illustration experiments: Consulting Mage at Home, and the Queen of Summer

 





Today's experiments are about illustration. Only the Queen of Summer is new; the other two -- Consulting Mage, "Abelard at Home, with dragonling and cats" -- were done about eighteen months ago, and yet again, I discover I never posted these. What a brain. Insert eyeroll emoji.

Am starting to feel my way back into art, and enjoying both Krita and Photoshop a great deal -- more than I used to. In fact, it's about time I bought myself some extra brushes for Krita. I've been wandering around at DeviantArt, and seeing what other artists are doing. Even when they're working in Krita, which many are, they're using brushes I don't have: watercolour, oil colour, that kind of thing. I feel like I'm ready to take this to the next level, so ... next step: brushes. 

Not much to add for today. The trip I mentioned, to the Limestone Coast, is cancelled for the fourth consecutive time in as many years! Twice, it was covid lockdowns, a third time it was flooding in the area which closed the roads ... this time? Well, it's difficult trying to do a van-camping road trip when your van is the workshop! Yep. Mechanical issues. So we're at home for the whole vacation -- day trips only. That's okay, although I could sigh a bit, if I let myself. We haven't been away for longer than day in a year and a half. Argh.

So ... next, Krita brushes, plus raytracing in Studio 4.whatever, to achieve the flat canvases for painting over. You want those hunky heroes, that guy candy? I think it's about to happen!