Sunday, February 21, 2021

Moonbeams and flutterflies ... this was fun!

 

This is the old Garden of Galahad set, which actually works quite well in Iray without any pushing and pulling on the surfaces and textures (it's odd; some things work fine, others barely work at all). That's Flink's Tree #6 (from Renderosity) on the left, imported as a simple OBJ; and the old GlowMoon prop, which works like magic in 3Delight, but doesn't work so well in Iray, so I painted it in Photoshop, after the fact. To get this effect, I parked a spotlight, very, very powerful, in direct line-of-sight with the moon, and turned on raytraced shadows. It worked! And also --

That's the right hand of Georgia for Genesis 8 Female, with nail polish switched out for (!) a car paint shader. I have two lights set, and loads of power in the Photometrics. The background is a photo I took many years ago at Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens, and the butterfly is lifted out of a 2D photo. The lens flare was added later in Photoshop, using Ron's Bokeh Brushes, from the DAZ Marketplace. This was fun!

And speaking of Georgia for G8 Female ... that's the Shaded Haven set, same lights, I just added the character and switched the shaders on the fabrics, to get a new dress. I really, really need to buy some wardrobe props for the females to wear. This took about fifteen minutes, because I rendered it BIG. In fact, at 3000 pixels wide, I was able to go in and crop a whole different picture out of the middle of it, which gives you a good look at the model and the shaders on the dress:

More soon, as work permits. I have a zillion experiments to run. Rendering happily!