Friday, February 19, 2021

The Night Before Battle

 

The title tells all ... kind of speaks for itself. What you have here is ...

Michael 4, wearing the Ferendir skinmap (from Renderosity), which has been tweaked and configured for DAZ Studio and 3Delight; and I overlaid the Michael 4 venous maps (from the DAZ marketplace), and used the Aged for M4, from the Morphs++ pack to sculpt the hands. That's Neftis's Daniel hair, set to black and made long; the loincloth from the Wood God costume -- DAZ marketplace -- resurfaced with red leather. That's the Great Sword from the Fae Weaponry prop set (from DAZ). The chair, shieldwall, props, floor and and lamp are from DM's Kerrick's Throne set. Everything has been resurfaced; a lot of work was done on the floor, to make it softly reflective. The face and body are designed by self, using Morphs++ for M4, with eyes from The Eyes Have It (from DAZ). I havwe two lights on this, and the DOF is turned on, with a virtual aperture of 30. Then I cranked up the raytrace settings to squeeze everything possible out of it, and then did some Photoshop painting, for the flames, smoke and shadows. Nice.

And I really, really like this character, so you can expect to see him again soon! In fact, I'm thinking of giving him a name and pairing him with the black horse. That would be a lot of fun. Hmmm...! 

One of the main experiments I must run soon is to see if I can import the character preset files from the old Studio 4. If I can, we can have the old characters back. If not ... well, rats. Worth a shot, anyway!