Thursday, February 4, 2021

Well, rats. Photoshop 2021 updated, and now it doesn't work!

 

Okay, that's not strictly true, but ... Photoshop Elements 2021 updated itself early this afternoon, and now every time I click the Wacom pen, Photoshop CRASHES. Five times in a row. And yes, I've updated the tablet drivers (no joy). And yes, I turned off Windows Ink (no joy). And yes, I contacted Adobe (no reply after an hour on hold on their help page. I had the presence of mind to try the Wacom pen tablet out with Krita (it works just fine), and other programs, soooo ... we know the problem is with bloody Photoshop, not Wacom. But Wacom will have to fix the issue with a new driver, because you can bet your bottom dollar Adobe won't be bothered about third party peripherals, much less old ones. Makes you want to scream yourself hoarse! So --


Here's a new Genesis 8 female skinmap: Zahara. It renders up reasonably well with minimal work; I should be able to do quite a lot with this. I treated myself to this, plus a set of eye shades and textures from DAZ, the Ultimate Eyes for Genesis. Both were on sale, so ... what the heck? We were going along quite swimmingly till Photoshop auto-updated itself, and that was the end of that! Sometimes, you just can't win. So I'm calling it a day and heading for bed!