Sunday, February 18, 2024

Too hot to think, so -- let's play in Photoshop

Photoshop filtering and colorization, from an Iray plate


Photoshop filtering and colorization, from an Bryce plate


Photoshop filtering and colorization, from a composite of various AI elements


Photoshop filtering and colorization, from a composite of various AI elements


It's waaaay too hot to do much today ... including think ... so I'm just playing in Photoshop. Experimenting, not just with filters but with filters added on top of filers. What happens when you overlay them? 

Start with a sketch, rough-color it by zapping in a lot of  pigment, then start piling on filters. How you get the sketch is another question entirely. Speaking for myself, I can't draw for beans, never could. I work from photos, or DAZ Studio (Iray and raytrace) plates, and I don't mind starting out with a bunch of AI plates, which are mined for the elements which the human artist will combine to create something new and unique. It's either that, or I lay down thousands of bucks for 3D props (yeah, right), or I trace over people's photos ... and they'd be thrilled about that. So, for me, it's a bundle of AI plates, and then digital tracing, LOL. Whatever works.