Tuesday, February 5, 2019

A bit of this, a bit of that...



A classic case of Photoshop rescuing a looong render that I didn't have the time or patience to do over. You might not believe it, but three different things went wrong with this picture, and the rayrace took so long, I very nearly said "stuff it, bin it, do something else tomorrow." Fortunately, a little judicious painting saves the day!

In my imagination, this scene is outside the tavern we saw yesterday. These guys have almost got the situation worked out ... though Dimitri is hardly likely to "be good" for long, I think...

Then, some SF:

Bryce 7 Pro: evil weather in an SF city
Am really pleased with this one. The gold light is spilling from inside the building, out through the transparent windows, and that is just ... yeah. Neat. I'll give you a detail shot, in case you don't have to the time of ability to view it large (I know a lot of people are browsing on phones)...


I didn't actually expect it to work when I put a light inside the building, but it did! 😃 I believe the term is, "Yee-haw!" I have a fancy for doing SF stuff for a few days ... this will be fun.




And on that note, I'll close ... tired. Yaawwwnn. The pillow is calling loudly. Time for some soft music, a few pages of a book, and suddenly it'll be tomorrow...