Friday, April 21, 2023

Guy candy, science fiction and a landscape ... loving my Huion pen tablet!

 

In the style of Boris ... and it worked!


Illustration for an SF tale: link below



There's little to say in this post! The guy candy ... well, I don't know his name, but he's a male model from the US, and I believe he's Cherokee. I saw a very small, very poor reproduction of a photo -- it had been mangled by whoever put it together, almost overwhelming the model. So I stripped it back to the original photo and turned him into a pure digital painting. Whoever he is, the need to be painted is shouting out of the photo. I wanted something in the style of Boris, and if you see this piece at full size, I think I succeeded here. 

The SF piece was done as a an illustration to accompany a "super-drabble." Too long to be called a drabble proper, because at 165 words it's 65 words too wordacious to be a drabble, but it's also waaaay too short to call it flash. Dunno what to call it, but ... if I said I could tell you a coherent SF story in 165 words, over 30 extremely short lines -- as illustrated by this painting -- and give you a chuckle at the same time, would you read it? Why not? If you would, give this a click, and enjoy. 

The landscape ... latest in an ongoing series of paintings in which I guess I'm teaching myself how to do this. So much to learn! But it's the biggest fun I know at the moment. Gives me a reason to get creative after the housework is done, rather than just picking up my knitting and nodding off to sleep! Am I getting old at last?!