Saturday, April 1, 2023

Happy afternoon's painting -- and here's a face you might recognize...

 

posted at full size -- enjoy

Edit: I wasn't happy with the face on this one, so I 
went back into it and ran another experiment:
face replacement. Hey, it worked!



It's been a day for experiments ... and most of them worked! Here's a face that might be familiar ... in fact, it's an old character I created a lot of years ago, but this painting is brand new: painted from scratch, from an old raytrace, with a new sky which began as a photograph I took about six weeks ago. It's painted in four layers, and ... it worked! The "blue goddess" is another kind of experiment, and that worked too.  Starting to feel like I'm making some genuine progress here, and these paintings can afford to start getting more complex. It was really gratifying to begin with work that began in DAZ Studio 3 about ten years ago, and end up with a full on painting. Nice! Guy candy. Call it what you will. 

Meanwhile, I'm trying to fathom how to paint feathers. I keep getting fur, not feathers, lol. Working on a painting of a couple of cute Tawny Frogmouths, and the plumage ... well, birds that look like owls don't have fur, but these do. Back to the drawing board and start again, I think!