Thursday, April 6, 2023

Something old, something new...




Some is 3D, some is AI, and a lot is painting ... once again, I'll leave it for you to decide which is which! Not much is going on right now ... I haven't had a lot of time to paint, but it would also be true to say that I've done three major editing jobs in the last ten days or so ... which is how one's time flies away.

Lots of painting projects waiting for me ... ideas are hammering at my imagination, desperate to get out. The hardest thing is finding the time for everything. I'll make the time. 

The most interesting piece here, today, is the spin on Leonardo's "Lady With an Ermine," which began life in AI, and had to be massively painted to make anything of it, or rescue it, to the point where it was 70% painting, in which case, yes, I'll sign off on it. (The machine have me some weird, weird stuff ... and as for the creature being an ermine?? It looks like a cross between a small dog and a large rat! Whatever. The machine doesn't know what an ermine is -- or a ferret, a stoat, a weasel ... so, to experiment, I asked it for a kangaroo. Yep, a kangaroo. It gave me a donkey's face (!!!) on which it had overlaid bright red clown makeup!! I was speechless. Also ... disgusted. 

Back to Krita, and painting, I think. 

And on that note, let me sign out for today...!