Sunday, March 3, 2019

Stormtroopers (This IS the droid we're looking for!), uh, Doctor Jones (!) and a sunset picnic spot in Terragen!


The man in the hat is back! Indiana Jones, anyone ...? We shall return to this character. Soon. πŸ˜€

Then, I was in Terragen, looking for something like Dune (Arakis), or that other desert planet, nudge, wink...


There you go: Tattooine. And having done that, the next logical step was --


This IS the droid you're looking for, apparently. The Stormtrooper armor was a 3D freebie many years ago. I don't do much with it because it's a bear to work with: doesn't fit the Michael 4 properly at all, so you spend an hour making it look right from one angle to get an okay picture. This is not 100% right, I know, I know ... but it's as good as it's going to get, and -- enjoy!

Having done that experiment in Terragen, I went on to this with great joy:


Lovely! Picnic spot in the mountains. And I found the way to create the illusion of vegetation, green scrubby growth on the lower slopes! Soooo ... while you were having your picnic some pretty clouds came up:


And that's the kind of sky that till be pretty at sunset, too. So I thought, "Hmm, what would this location look like just after sundown? Here we go:


The sun is actually down below the horizon, just touching the upper slopes of the highlands in the background there. And that is ... nice! I want to work some more with water (some questions to solve), and then the next thing will be ... trees and plants, and ... so on. Yes!!! 😜