Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Now we're cooking!


Now we're cooking. Shaders, lights, the works. I'd been a bit worried that the interface was going to confound me, but it's feeling reasonably good in a day. This one isn't even touched up, just the raw render -- five minutes in Iray. Two big challenges are ahead: one is to get 280+ objects installed into Studio, and since they're third party, they have to be installed manually. Ouch! The second thing is, working out where the DAZ auto-installer has put everything. Right now, I can't find anything! Props, costumes, poses, textures ... I imagine it's all there, but the old Studio 3 content seems to be exploded in every direction, without rhyme or reason. Finding it all, and getting it cataloged for ease of access -- now, that will be the job.




The other thing I find myself extremely interested in is post work, and rebalancing images to turn one picture into another. This is something I've barely looked at in he past, but it's fascinating -- like this, above. This, below, was a nice but "ordinary" photo; some post work in Affinity Photo, and it's considerably more interesting...


This is going to be a lot of fun!