Friday, April 16, 2021

Morningstar Wings ... not quite happy dancing, but it's nice!


Part of me wants to happy dance -- "Yay me, I got the Morningstar Wings to render" ... part of me wants to groan, because they only 99% rendered, and left me with a bit of painting to do. Not that I mind painting, I do it all the time -- BUT. This is the first time I've had a subject that "choked" my new video card. This is an NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super, and that is the max I'm likely to be able to afford. Period. From here on up video cards start to get into the same price bracket as used cars, and when you're talking about a gadget to support your hobby ... nope. Can't rationalize it. This video card is supposed to be up to the task of rendering top-line games in real time. Well -- I like painting! Good thing I do. 

This one was fun. It's actually Victoria 4.2 in Iray, wearing the Evangelique hair and the ShadowStorm dress, standing in a bit of DM's Kerrick's Throne set. I must say, V4 renders very nicely in Iray. And being a low-poly figure, she renders fast, virtually trouble free. I like the old costume, too -- always did. So when I saw how Iray handles it, I thought, hmmm. And --

Okay, I didn't shoot all the way for G8. This is the G2 Female wearing the V4 dress, and it fits pretty well. She's standing in one corner of DM's Anardhouse set, which renders wonderfully in Iray, too. Not bad at all, that! I don't have much in the way of G2 assets; they don't share between figures as well as the G3 costumes and hair. (The skinmaps don't share back and forth at all, as far as I know). So...

Alas, poor Yorik! A nice sunset shot, with golden light and interesting shadows. The set is Reparation, and I'm rather impressed by how it renders. Must do more with this. Well, there's lots more to share, but ... not tonight. Have been editing all day, and painting all evening, and I'm sooo tired! Calling it a day right here, and hitting the hay. More tomorrow!