Friday, April 30, 2021

Some like it red!

 

Yes, I now ... I'm supposed to be writing and editing, but the truth is, I can't get my head around the job. It's just not happening at the moment, so ... artwork. The leader image today is a beauty ... that's a Genesis 8 male, Yonni, wearing the Varun hair, and I'm using the vascular mapping from Dae to get the venous effect. Now, that is a lovely sight, no? Then -- 

"Tales of Barsoom," or something along those lines. Lots of red tones in this fantasy ... would you believe that's Victoria 4? Yep, it is. Face and body designed by me, Angel skinmap, with the tattoos turned on. New shaders on the costume, which is "kit bashed" from two old costumes ... and I managed to get the G8M hairstyle to fit V4 -- and parent to the figure.(The costume is the top of Andromeda, and the bottom of Lilith bikini; shaders by Atenais.) But wait, there's more --


This might look a bit familiar. It's a re-render of a piece I did a few months ago. It was quite good, but I was never happy with the face, so when I stumbled over the Yoni model, I thought, why not go back in and drop that face and skinmap onto the guy in the horse picture? Then, since I've recently got the CWRW Panted Ponies textures for the Millennium Horse, there's no reason not to play with those too. And the guy is wearing a new wardrobe prop, "Swamp Loincloth," which was on sale last week. And --


Back to the Throne of the Barbarian King set ... which turns out to be a bear to render. It actually chokes my graphics card, though you have to look very, very close to notice this. It's because the set is so vast, I know, I know. Anyway, I can get it to render enough to look good, and probably I'm the only one that knows it would actually have taken 20k samples to finish it ... I max out at 15k. This is Victoria 4 again, and that's the Lilith Bikini costume, very red. The set is mostly lit with its own firelight, as generated by the surfaces in the fire baskets. Neat! Plus...


Shaders, shaders everywhere! This is the G8 female, using the Ginnie HD character wearing the Shavonne hair (set to red, naturally). There's more, but ... not tonight. It's getting late, and I'm calling it a day. This is also the last of April. So, I'll see you in May!