Friday, May 17, 2019

Playing with an old skinmap and camera angles...



Touching base today with a couple of experiments ... playing with subtle colors, rather than my usual vibrant tones ... and playing with shadows, reflections, depth of field, and just one spotlight on the model. Hmm. Interesting. This is an old, old skinmap -- Remendado, from (I think) Renderosity. I never did much with it, because it's a bear to work with. The skin tone is very, very sallow, and frankly, the eyebrows hardly exist at all. I've pulled all sorts of tricks to drop some of the yellow out in these shots, and the eyebrows are hand painted, following the line of the original. I have the venous map turned on, and ... so forth. Interesting camera angle on this, too.

All being well, these may be among the last raytraces I do. The Decision has been made, and the computer is going into the shop next week to have its hard drive cloned and replaced. Then ... well, let's see what we can do with a new render engine! I'm told that DAZ also packages the Genesis 3 figure in with Studio 4.9.9.whatever, so I expect to be experimenting with that too in the not too distant future.

For the moment ... just touching base today. Nothing massive to share, art-wise. Have had a very, very busy couple of days, and am likely to be just as busy for a few days to come. So --

More soon!