Sunday, May 2, 2010

A smidge of art and poetry



2024 Edit: sorry guys. All I have left is a bunch of thumbnails to give a clue as to what was going on in the original artwork. The images from 2010 have gone along with a dumped subscription to one of those services. These are all that's left ... for what it's worth, they just a bunch of Deep Shadow Map renders of Michael 4 in fantasy costume. Nothing to get excited about now, but for me, it was all part of the learning process -- which is why I'm including the thumbnails here, more to jog my own memory than to entertain anyone else. I'll leave the text of the original post, but I'll gussie this up with a bunch of nice images from later on, which fit the same bill "Michael 4 with fantasy costume and tweaks and textures. In fact, everything here is M4, and I've switched out the textures and/or settings on virtually everything. Almost everything here is raytraced ... one or two are Iray renders.

Soooo, let me  go back to the beginning of this story, where a beautiful young man has wandered out onto the lea to meet his lover... and if you rather think it looks like a book cover, you're right. It's a book cover.

Art by Jade, words by Mel Keegan. It's like ... you wandered into Narnia, but instead of it being a children's world, it's Narnia as it would have been if an adult had dreamed it up for adults. Tumnus is just as young and gorgeous as you remember, for instance, but it was a 20 year old, not a 10 year old who blundered through the back of the closet (gives a whole new meaning to "coming out of the closet," doesn't it? Maybe we should talk about "coming out of the wardrobe." And here's the real trick: it has a back door that doesn't open onto bedroom wall). And, the human being 20 and all, and Tumnus being absolutely gorgeous and all...!


Last words from me today are about my video card and ram chip: Thursday. It gets done on Thursday, and I won't have the machine for most or all of that day, so ... early warning, folks: I'll be taking time off that day, and won't be able to do fresh art for uploads. I'm going to try to stash some renders, and will upload from another machine. But -- Thursday! Whoot! New video card and ram chip!!

Jade, 3 May