Sunday, July 18, 2010

Web comic art experiments, Phase 1

click to see at full-size, and read

For a while now I've been saying that I'd like to get into graphic novels ... and for just as long I've had ideas about how it would be done and what it would look like. At last I've had the chance to put some things together, and here ... for your entertainment and amusement, is the first experiment!

Obviously it all stared life as individual renders which were done in DAZ and then assembled in Serif. Nothing magical about this...





What a cool way of telling a story. It's literally made for me ... and what got me quite excited a while ago was the news that the Apple iPad is perfectly designed for displaying graphic novel pages, at about 10" high and about 6" wide. I need to thrash out the details, but -- this ain't hard, and it's very exciting.

Jade, 18 July