Thursday, December 10, 2009

Yaoi mystique ... 3D fantasy...


There's a mystique about Yaoi, isn't there? Something that keeps you coming back to look, and look again. Speaking of looking -- click on this render, see it at 1000 pixels high ... you won;t believe the skin textures and the detail you can see in the eyes.


Just a "beauty shot" today, guys, because I don't have time to play with art, much though I would love to mess about with the new 3D models I just got. I bought a couple, and DAZ were having a couple of freebies at the same time, so I have loads of stuff to play with now ... I just don't have the time.


So here's something beautiful till tomorrow, and here's how you do it:



  • Load Michael 4

  • Load a high-rez skin map

  • Load a hairstyle

  • Set the background color to very dark, or black

  • Zoom right in on the character's face

  • Go into the MAT files in your Poses and choose an eye color

  • Play with the hair till it looks just right

  • Turn the model this way and that till you see what you want

  • Set a couple of lights (I used two, a distant and a point, gold and pale blue)

  • Hit render!

Back tomorrow, hopefully with more time to play...


Jade, 11 December