Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dangerous rendezvous at the High Five spaceport

After a title like that, what else can you say?! Wellll ... you can say plenty, actually. For a start, I do not take credit for the building in the background. It's not even a 3D model. Are you ready for this? It's a hotel, as far as I know -- the Zaha Hadid, Abu Dhabi. Isn't it incredible? I mean, I'm just speechless. And as soon as I saw it, I thought to myself ... you're a spaceport. You're under a pressure skin, on orbit. I know. I read too many Mel Keegan books. Because if this isn't something right out of Hellgate or even NARC. I don't know what it is.

So I took the hotel out of context and put it in space by adding a composite starfield. Now, the starfield is a mosaic, pieced together with cutout segments, so don't be surprised if you don't recognise any constellations! It started life as an image of the Pleiades, from NASA, but I didn't use much of the original shot; just enough to cut out this and that bit and paste together something new -- it was also "tweaked" for contrast and brightness. (All this work was done in Micrographx.)

Then, add the hunk (who is a DAZ 3D model, obviously ... face designed my me. The model is also elaborately lit to make him look like he's standing in the middle of a blue-green scene). Then the image was rendered and needed only the logo, border and signature, which were done in Serif as usual.

Good lord. Anybody want to write the story that goes with this??

Jade, 4 November